- I am minding my own business, searching up a picture for a French project on Google
- Something caused the window to close, and instead one of those small box things that appear when there's an error comes up.
- It tells me that "my computer has a virus" and "it's major" and I should "protect myself by shutting down the computer".
- The box urges my to click "OK" at the bottom to "continue shut down process"
- I panic
- I ALMOST press "ok", but I notice something: the message was from a random WEBSITE. Not a virus protection system in my computer!
- I click the "X" thing to close the annoying box
- It did not just disappear!
- Another random window popped out. It was "checking my computer for viruses". It had a very convincing layout, and there was a loading bar at one side saying the "proccess of ridding the virus"
- I get reeeally confused
- Then I see that it is not a computer system thing, it is A WEBSITE.
- I look for the "X" that would close the annoying window
- The "X" was smartly hidden over the side of the screen, so I had to drag the window over to close it
- I managed to close it just as the loading bar said everything was "72% complete"
Friday, June 4, 2010
Ok, here's what happened: