Search This Blog

Friday, June 4, 2010

Uh oh...

Ok,  here's what happened:
  1. I am minding my own business, searching up a picture for a French project on Google
  2. Something caused the window to close, and instead one of those small box things that appear when there's an error comes up.
  3. It tells me that "my computer has a virus" and "it's major" and I should "protect myself by shutting down the computer".
  4. The box urges my to click "OK" at the bottom to "continue shut down process"
  5. I panic
  6. I ALMOST press "ok", but I notice something: the message was from a random WEBSITE. Not a virus protection system in my computer!
  7. I click the "X" thing to close the annoying box
  8. It did not just disappear!
  9. Another random window popped out. It was "checking my computer for viruses". It had a very convincing layout, and there was a loading bar at one side saying the "proccess of ridding the virus"
  10. I get reeeally confused
  11. Then I see that it is not a computer system thing, it is A WEBSITE.
  12. I look for the "X" that would close the annoying window
  13. The "X" was smartly hidden over the side of the screen, so I had to drag the window over to close it
  14. I managed to close it just as the loading bar said everything was "72% complete"
This has happened two times now, and I have no clue what is going on. Has this ever happened to you?

No comments: